What does the Natural and Quantitative Sciences DAE do?
Natural Sciences are the branches (both life science and physical science) of study that explore natural phenomena using data and other evidence from observations and experiments to understand the world. Quantitative approaches using statistical, computational, or mathematical methods are important components of understanding the natural science field.
Departments: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Evolutionary Anthropology, Math, Physics, Psychology and Neuroscience, Statistical Science.
Research Programs and Opportunities:
- Bass Connections
- Research Opportunities on Duke's Muser Database
- Research Opportunities with Faculty on JobX
- Data+, Code+
- The Phoenix Project
- The Deans' Summer Research Fellowships
- Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Fellowship (B-SURF)
- URS Independent Study Grants
- Huang Fellows Program
- Duke Summer Biochemistry Undergraduate Research Fellowships
- Duke PRUV Fellowship in Mathematics
- Duke Summer Neuroscience Program
- Duke Computer Science Undergraduate Research Fellow