Click a question to see the corresponding answer below.
- I'd like to do some research in my first year. How do I get started?
- I'd like to explore some out-of-the-classroom opportunities. How do I start?
- Check the Undergraduate Research Support page about getting started in research.
- Volunteer or find a work-study job as a research assistant to a professor or a research position in a laboratory (the humanities labs or a science lab, for example) for more experience. Work-study positions are sometimes posted on DukeList.
- Enroll in a course coded R .
- To discuss opportunities for humanities research, request a meeting with the DAE for the arts and humanities. For science, request to meet with the DAE for natural and quantitative sciences.