Welcome to the Fall 2020 Majors Fair Resource. Explore all the majors, minors and certificates you're interested in. You'll find videos, links to major requirements, information about advising, and more.
Check to see if the department, program or certificate programs you’re interested in are hosting drop in sessions on October 20. You can drop in and ask questions and learn more if you see a Zoom link posted.
Here are some suggestions to help you decide on the academic path that is right for you:
- Think about your favorite classes. What did you like about them? Look at the major requirements for that departments major/s. Do you think you'd like to focus on those classes?
- Learn about different majors, minors and certificates using the links below. Check out the videos from faculty and students discussing the major.
- Talk to upperclass students or peer advisors who are majoring in areas you're interested in.
- Reach out to the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS), or Certificate Program Director, to learn more about their major or program.
- Meet with a disciplinary DAE. There is a DAE for each academic division who can help you decide between different majors of interest.
- Check out these resources that include questions to help you learn more about the different academic paths you're considering.
- Read the Four things to know about choosing a major.
- Explore careers via the Career Center resources, and use this guide to help with the major decision process.
- Watch this video to see how Greg Victory, Director of the Career Center, answers the question, "Does My Major Really Matter?" and learn about the connections between your major and career.