It is Duke HPA's expectation that all applicants attend the 2024M Application Curriculum workshops outlined on this page to support their application process. If you are unable to attend, it is our expectation that you review all posted materials prior to your RMA appointment which can be found on the Resources section of this page.
- The deadline to declare your Intent to Apply was April 1, 2023. Please contact Ms. Morhac at Brittany.email@example.com if you wish to consider applying after this deadline.
- Plan to attend the 2024M Application Curriculum Workshops in subsequent pages (expandable sections).
- Begin to work on a draft of your RMA (Review My Application) Form during break. It allows you to list, describe, and reflect on the experiences that have been significant to you, answer short essay questions that help you develop your story, choose who will write Letters of Recommendation for you, and identify schools you may apply to. It will take you time to write and to research schools, so plan to work on this over a period of weeks.
- Please bookmark this page now and refer to it throughout the application process; this should be your first source when you have questions. There is also an Application Resources section that, includes resources from workshops.
- If you are a reapplicant, follow the special instructions on the "Being a Reapplicant" page in the left sidebar.
- If you are an alum who needs their NetID extended, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from a non Duke email and ask for your NetID to be extended.
Please attend or view all sessions. These are meant to complement individual advising appointments not replace them, nor will individual appointments be able to provide all of this critical information.
- Application Curriculum is available in the 2024M Applicant Resource folder including materials for:
- Assessing Candidacy that helps you review your own candidate profile and recognize your strengths.
- Application 101 that provides an overview of the application to medical school process, timeline and guidance for working with our office.
- RMA Lab that helps you think about how to create a quality RMA draft.
- School Selection on how to create your school list.
- Personal Statement Workshop for tips on writing a strong statement.
- 2024M RMA Form
- 2024M Assessing Candidacy Worksheet
- 2024M Reapplication Form
- Link for submitting your RMA form can be found here.
- 2024M Guide for Duke Students & Alumni Applying to Medical School
- AAMC Core Competencies
- 2024M AMCAS Applicant Guide & Resources
- AACOMAS Applicant Guide
- TMDSAS Applicant Guide
Plan to attend the 2024M Application Curriculum which includes each of the following workshops (Recordings available via 2024M Applicant Resources). The last day to declare your ITA for the 2024M cycle is April 1, 2023. Register to attend!
- Assessing Your Candidacy for Medical School, Tuesday, November 1, at 6:00 PM, BioSci 111. Want to have a good sense of your candidacy and how to be the strongest applicant you can be before you apply? Join members of the Office of Health Professions Advising for this workshop that will provide an overview of what medical schools are looking for, help you assess your own candidacy by identifying your current strengths and areas of opportunity, and help you feel better prepared to start your application. This workshop will give you time to ask questions and work on an individualized assessment so we recommend you bring a resume draft and your laptop.
- 2024M Application 101 Workshop, Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 6:00 PM, BioSci 111. Are you planning to apply, or thinking about applying, to medical school this summer for the 2023 matriculation cycle? Use the break to get started on your application by joining the Office of Health Professions Advising staff for our overview of the cycle meeting! This meeting will include important information on how to be a successful medical school applicant, including an overview of application timeline, letters of recommendation, committee letter, and AMCAS expectations.
- 2024M RMA Lab Part 1, Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 6:00 PM, Social Sciences 139. Are you ready to start your RMA? Do you know what a RMA entails? After hearing from former students how valuable the RMA was in helping them craft their strongest application we want to give you the inside scoop! You may find it helpful to have your Assessing Candidacy worksheet with you as we thinking about starting to draft your narrative. Join members of the Office of Health Professions Advising Team to learn about what makes a good RMA draft and appointment, common pitfalls and discuss examples. Questions can be emailed to Dean Perz. NOTE: This is the 3rd