How I’ve made the most of my Duke experience
I have made the most out of my Duke experience by starting conversations with new people and trying new things. Duke has offered me more opportunties than I could ever have imagined and I was able to meet so many passionate friends depite our diverse backgrounds. I would suggest nver be intimidated by what's going on around you and it's also important to keep being curious and open minded. Moreover, never hesitate to reach out when you need help.
What I value
I value hard work, confidence, perseverance and risk taking. I value family, friendship, as well as empathy and compassion. I believe innovation and creativity are important.
Where I see myself after Duke
I want to go to medical school and into the healthcare field. I would also like to continue doing biomedical research in the future.
How I like to spend my free time
I love reading in my free time, especially books about healthcare and technology. I also enjoy playing the guitar and playing frisbee with friends. I like going to the gym or just walking around campus, and in the Duke Gardens.
My favorite classes at Duke
- Pub Pol 283: Ethics in an unjust world
- Bio 220: Cell Biology
- Bio 452: Genes and Development
- AMI 272: The Middle East through films
- Stats 199: Intro to data science
- House Course 59: Drug development for essential medicine
Resources I love to use at Duke
- FLUNCH/ GRUNCH
- Undergradute Research Support Office
- The Thompson Writing Studio
- Bass Connections
- Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity
- Swerve Womens Ultimate Frisbee team
- Langdorm SLG