We normally meet with students individually, M-F from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the Academic Advising Center on East Campus (behind Brown and Marketplace) but due to COVID-19, we are currently only offering virtual appointments. Click below to schedule an appointment.
DAEs differ in their approach, but here's what you can generally expect in an appointment:
- DAE "interviews" you to learn about your background, experience, and interests
- Provides overview of opportunities relevant to those interests
- Answers any specific questions you have (bring a list if you think you might forget)
- Upon request, creates four-year plan and action steps
- Makes referrals to other people or offices that can help
- Follow-up appointments can be "check-in," reflection, or next steps
Most appointments last an hour. To make the most of your time, be sure to:
- Complete the questions on the booking page - this helps us customize the advice we give you
- Bring something to write with - we cover a lot of ground!
- Be on time - if you're more than 15 minutes late, we'll have to ask you to reschedule