We normally meet with students individually, in person or via Zoom, M-F from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. In person meetings are in the Academic Advising Center on East Campus (behind Brown and Marketplace). Click below to schedule an appointment.
DAEs differ in their approach, but here's what you can generally expect in an appointment:
- DAE "interviews" you to learn about your background, experience, and interests
- Provides overview of opportunities relevant to those interests
- Answers any specific questions you have (bring a list if you think you might forget)
- Upon request, creates four-year plan and action steps
- Makes referrals to other people or offices that can help
- Follow-up appointments can be "check-in," reflection, or next steps
Most appointments last an hour. To make the most of your time, be sure to:
- Complete the questions on the scheduling page - this helps us customize the advice we give you
- Bring something to write with - we cover a lot of ground!
- Be on time - if you're more than 15 minutes late, we'll have to ask you to reschedule