Engineering StudentsDIVE Lab tour

Academic advising for Pratt School of Engineering students is handled within Pratt, but the Academic Advising Center offers advising on global and civic engagement to Trinity and Pratt students. Pratt students can also complete a second major or minor in a Trinity department, or transfer from Pratt to Trinity or Trinity to Pratt.

View advising information for Pratt students >>

Engineering Students

Global and civic engagement

Through one-on-one advising, our directors of academic engagement work with you to incorporate global and civic opportunities into your academic plan. They guide you as you explore the options before you, reflect on the experiences behind you and integrate all your classes, activities and experiences into your Duke education.

Trinity majors and minors

Engineering students should consult with their advisors in Pratt when considering the pursuit of a second major or a minor in a Trinity department. Questions about a specific program can be directed to the department’s director of undergraduate studies.

Pratt/Trinity transfers

After completing at least one semester in the college or school into which they matriculated, Trinity College and Pratt School of Engineering students may apply to transfer between the two schools. Until their transfer has been approved, students wishing to transfer between Trinity and Pratt must complete all applicable academic requirements of their original college or school.

If you are considering a Trinity/Pratt transfer, you should discuss the transition with your current college advisor. Then, if you'd like to proceed with your application, follow the steps in the appropriate link below (Pratt-to-Trinity or Trinity-to-Pratt). The application process can take more than one week, so plan ahead in order to meet the deadlines.

Learn how to apply to transfer from Trinity to Pratt >>
Learn how to apply to transfer from Pratt to Trinity >>