Your academic path at Duke begins the summer before you arrive on campus, with the selection of fall courses. While the Class of 2021 Blue Book (coming to your home this summer and available as an online PDF) and this website provide information to guide you through choosing and registering for classes, we encourage you to contact the AAC with your questions during summer advising in June and July. An experienced, professional advisor will assist you and can be reached the following ways:
- Call us at (919) 684-6217 during office hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Eastern time, Monday-Friday.
- Email us at email@example.com.
The advisor will be able to look at any high school records and test scores you’ve sent to Duke, discuss your academic interests with you and guide you through the choice of four classes for your first semester.
There is online information at your disposal as well:
- Our FAQ page answers more than 100 questions frequently asked by incoming first-year students.
- The pages on course selection and course placement help you determine appropriate courses based on your interests, general and prehealth requirements, your previous academic experience and your scores on Advanced Placement or other exams.
- Summer Transition Series 2017 provides frequent updates on registration, tips, and other information to guide you through fall enrollment.
- The Office of the University Registrar provides a comprehensive view of departments, programs and classes and a registration overview for all undergraduate students on its website.